Monday, February 4, 2008

Tularosa Road Again, just a hop, skip, and a jump from Brackettville

And while I was out there I found another piece of petrified wood! Woot! That's actually why I went out today. Hunting season is over and I was determined to try and find more petrified wood without fear of getting shot as I wandered through deer country. There's lots of petrified wood to be had, as it turns out, but I could only find this one piece today (weighs over six pounds) that had any discernible "bark." I also found a nice little chunk of rock with little plant fossils. You can just see the fossils in the last two shots.


I love how the fossil rock stands up so pretty. Looks like a little carved piece from Art & Artifact. Of course, I got it wet so you could see the fossils more clearly.



I know you're just dying to see more shots of these rocks.

No comments: