Sunday, October 7, 2007

Fall Creek Vineyards in Tow, Texas



I shot and shot and shot out at the vineyards. I must have at least 40 photographs of the Cypress Trees alone. It was just so beautiful. The grapevines looked terrible and I didn't get any good shots of them. But it was SO much fun shooting out there. The staff was incredibly polite and service oriented. They didn't mind my camera and tripod at all, even on the tour. They were great. And my aunt did the wine tasting and found four bottles that she had to take home with her. I envied the wine tasting, but it was so fun being there that I was able to put it out of my mind. Oh, I didn't shoot him but there was a VERY fat and happy cat on the premises. He was named "Casey" after all the many cases of wine being sold at the time he made the vineyard his home. The winery is open seven days a week, although their weekend hours are different from their weekday hours: Fall Creek Vineyards

3 comments:

Jean Levert Hood said...

Beautiful shot of the Cypress, Genie! I have found the Vineyards around the hill country very friendly to artist. Becker Vineyards is always accommodating to painters.

Victoria Williams said...

Love your "sepia" shot of the cypress trees. Tour sounded great, so do the wines on their website!

Victoria Williams said...

This is the camera I use. I think it is very nice for a pocket digital.