Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Where's George?



Ever heard of Where's George? I haven't until just now when I saw it stamped on a $1 bill. "See where I've been," it says, and then there's the website. So I did and the bill was first entered into the system in Las Vegas and it has traveled the US for 1 Yr, 338 Days, 21 Hrs, 22 Mins before getting tracked again by yours truly.

I can't believe someone(s) went to all the trouble to set this up but it's kind of cool. Oh, by the way, in Canada, it's Where's Willy?

What's that? The serial numbers don't match on the bill? Yeah, I changed them up so people wouldn't go to the website and log this bill in directly from the blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen that on bills before. I've never looked it up though. Interesting.

Genie said...

I'll be watching for them now, although it's hard to get excited about tracking a bill I've logged and passed on when I think that it took nearly two years for the one I found to get punched in again after it was first logged.