Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Kersplat! My intent was to shoot the butterflies in Brackettville, not flatten them.

I thought this might be a bad omen. I was on my way out to the farm to scout for Monarchs and SPLAT! Thankfully, it wasn't a Monarch. It was miserably hot out today. I suppose it could have been worse, but the humidity was so high... my corneas were fogging up.







This is the Blue Hole on the farm, the spot I've been heading to first all week to look for Monarchs. I didn't see any for quite awhile and was about to give up and go to the picnic area when suddenly the Monarchs started swooping in!





The Monarchs were fairly thick at the picnic area, but as many as there were--it was nothing compared to what it should be like tomorrow. They were very skittish today. Usually they don't pay you much mind when they're here en masse. I guess there's safety in numbers. Tomorrow should be AMAZING!



The rest of today's shoot: Monarch Migration -- Brackettville -- 2007

No comments: